Oh and school is just as boring as I thought it would be! Sad but true. After fighting a serious head cold and then recovering enough to have a great time with my dad's visit, I relapsed into what feels like Sinusitis. bwah! I think I'm finally at the tail end of this thing, so just pray I can kick this thing for good soon!
btw- here's a front shot of our house/apt. building. We're on the second floor:Dad's visit started by Stefan and I waking up at 5am to catch a train from Marburg down to the Frankfurt airport. Little did we know we'd barely make the train since we had to scrape some serious ice off the windshield (sans scrapers!) for the first time this season. By 7:30 we were waiting outside the customs doors and were happy to see my dad come through the doors pushing his luggage cart! We hopped in his rental car and actually got to really ZIP up the autobahn to Marburg (oh yes, his car had over twice the horsepower ours does, so we were certainly going well over 120mph!! fun!). After we hit the bakery (to dad's delight) we headed home to a big German breakfast spread (like previously blogged) at our TABLE!:
and then left Stefan home to work on his sermon while Dad and I toured Marburg. Thankfully it was a really sunny day (the rest of his stay was super cold and cloudy). First stop: walking over the suspension bridge to get to the elevator that would take us up to the old city. (behind us is another pedestrian bridge that I ride my bike over every day to go to school)
Next stop: the Markt - Saturday morning market on the square with flowers:
Veggies:
Cheese:
and the deli on wheels:We visited the Elisabeth Kirche - the oldest gothic church in Germany, around the corner from my school:
For Sunday lunch we went to Giessen and met up with Antje and Ronje for a nice schnitzel lunch - here's Stefan with his mom and Ronja:
Monday I played hookey from my first day at school (bad!) and we went all the way up to the castle-this is obviously not the castle, but on the way up!:
Here's a sunset shot from our balcony (no zoom, this is the view from our hill, over the little valley, to the castle hill):
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Vacation's over, back to school....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love all the pictures. Glad you had a nice visit with your Dad! And how beautiful the view out your window -- with a little castle in the distance, no less! How delightful!!
Juliette & Stefan,
Greetings from Lanesville! We think about you and pray for you so often. Thank you for sharing your blog with us.
Blessings,
Alex
Juliette and Stefan,
What a wonderful visit this past week!! It was quite a thrill to see all that has been in your blog for the past four months and experience first hand the lifestyle in Marburg. It is such a beautiful city/town! Marburg is the perfect place for you in Germany and I can already see that you are both having a positive impact on the local community. You are very blessed to have such a great location, nice apartment (now with furniture!)and a vision for the future. Thank you for your hospitality!
lots of love,
Dad
Dave was trained in oldmobiles with massive power.
Post a Comment