Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Houseguests and head colds

I (Juliette) am totally under the weather today; a horrific head cold hit me like a ton of bricks last night around 9pm. This morning Stefan went to the Apotheke and, after speaking with the pharmacist, brought home some remedies. Get this: 3 times a day I'm to take 30 drops of a liquid that is an extract of an African plant root. The name of the medication is Umckaloabo and you can read more about it here. I'll have to let you know if it works. I also have a stash of Advil Cold and Sinus to lessen the symptoms.....

Two weeks ago we had this houseguest visit us:

Her name is Ronja and she belongs to Stefan's mother. She went out of town for the weekend so we drove down and picked Ronja up as an overnight guest. She barks quite a bit, so I think our neighbors weren't so impressed, but she had a great time exploring our neighborhood and 'helping' in the garden.

This weekend we're hoping to welcome my dad! He has a business trip to the Heidleburg area, but is arriving a few days early to come up to Marburg and hang out with us. Here's hoping my cold's gone by then! My parent's haven't been to Marburg before, so we'll give my dad the overview and then hope that sometime next spring or summer he can bring my mom over and we can do a grand tour at that point. So now I better get back to resting off this cold so I can go out and do fun stuff this weekend....

3 comments:

Antje said...

hey, I hope you do better soon. Marburg weather can be a little bit annoying sometimes... :-(

My advice for a sinus infection is "Gelomyrtol Forte", it works great and is all natural as well..
You will smell like a little koala bear, because it's full of eucalyptus!

...David makes fun about our German "herbal medicine" all the time!! But it works!!

Juliette said...

hee, thanks for the tip! I'm also a Sinupret fan. As for the natural, well, if it works, I can't complain, just laugh when my brother says "what're they going to give you next? eye of newt and tail of rat?" lol

Andrew Jones said...

hey juliette! its andrew and hillary...just wanted to let you know we found the blog and hope that the voodoo medicine is working
:)