Monday, January 3, 2011
Snow, snow, snow fun
You may have heard that Europe's been getting slammed with snow this year. Not only have there been some shockingly gorgeous winter wonderland snowy sunrises, but our balcony has also braved the storms. I'm glad we got the lights out on the balcony between storms because white lights glimmering under a layer of snow just look so pretty!
One major downside to all the snow is, of course, all the delays that come with it. We are STILL waiting for one of our Christmas boxes to arrive from the US.... Another problem that really drives me nuts is that plows here never seem to really drop; the just hover about 5 inches above the snow!! What is the point?! Needless to say the streets are horrid here. Stefan's brother likes to say we're driving through pudding; I agree. I really miss the New England plows, even though they always seemed to drop under my bedroom window at 3am...
Labels:
Christmas,
Germanisms,
snow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
We have snow up to the kitchen window - the bottom of the window is actually covered.
Oh wow. Is it still fun for the kids? Or is the snow too high for them to play in?? Wow!
We just got hammered again last night so I'm scouring the cupboards for random food. I don't want to have to go to the grocery store in this mess!
Post a Comment