We purchased a bunch of Christmas DVDs from Amazon.de...they are English versions of classic American Christmas movies...imported from England. So far "White Christmas", "A Christmas Story" and "It's a Wonderful Life" have arrived. Yesterday Stefan purchased "Kevin Allein Zu Hause"(literally 'Kevin alone at home'...wanna guess it's real title now?) to show his 7th graders during their class Christmas party. (btw-I saw this in the theater when it came out back when I was in 7th grade and I got in trouble for going to see a PG movie without my parents permission...I was invited by a church youth leader. Yeah anyhow, I digress).
So this post is about music, not movies, but I had to throw the movies in here because I'm all excited about them. 'The Grinch' (cartoon) and 'Miracle on 34th St' (b&w version) should be arriving soon. I'm all sorts of annoyed that I didn't think to add Charlie Brown's Christmas to the list, how did I forget that?! ...more digression.
Anybody remember that video with the hippo singing a Christmas song with a German accent I posted back in '07? Aside from Andrev Yonez and my brother, I'm sure everybody's forgotten. So when I ran across an updated version, I had to post it. Here it is, with a BONUS TRACK of sorts: a preamble telling a little more on the history of the song (original German roots!) and then giving you a context for the Loony Tunes style comic theater. Oh, and Stefan thinks this is absolutely hilarious, too, so no wondering if the Germans are getting offended!
And then, as an extra bonus for all you random people who love this sort of thing...I'm feeling generous (Christmas is around the corner)... check out Dominic the Donkey. I pretty much want all 2-3yr olds to watch this and learn the chorus please. Warning: Dominic the Donkey is extremely catchy!! You may find yourself singing it under your breath when you photocopy pages for your next English class. Not that I would know. I would just say that it's a good thing nobody came in the copy room before you caught yourself...you know, if that sort of thing happened to you. You've been warned!
4 comments:
You've officially made my Christmas. I'm now armed with the belt of Truth, Sword of the Spirit, Breastplace of Righteousness, Dominic the Donkey, and Herr Doktor Professor Tannenbaum. Bring it on, world!
I got all sentimental and sappy last year and ordered several "must have" Christmas movies. My husband almost stomped out on "It's a Wonderful Life" exlaiming that he just couldn't take it any more! He thought it was the worst movie he had ever seen because here was some poor chap that had nothing but bad luck and one mishap after the other. I almost had to sit on him to make him stay to watch until it was over. Once he saw the end he changed his mind, but for the first three quarters of the movie he did not think it was such a "wonderful" life ... hope you are enjoying!
Hey Juliette,
if you still want to see it, I've got the Peanut's Christmas on DVD at home.
Thanks Illea...I am only getting to your response now...we are Christmas-movie'd out now, but maybe next year?
How are you doing?
Post a Comment