I have to dash in and give a quick report on last Sunday to quench the emails I've been getting asking how it went. This week has been insane with you-don't-want-to-know-what-all so here's the sermon report:
When we walked into the sanctuary on Sunday morning 90% of the congregants left. No joke. We knew a large portion of the congregants would have to leave early because of an annual choir event that happens once a year in the region, but they were supposed to be able to stick around long enough to at least hear the sermon. However, it turns out that the event's time was bumped half an hour earlier at the last minute (how did this affect the attendees??), so the participants representing our church had to leave before the service even started. They had shown up early to practice and to give apologies before heading off.
So that was disconcerting to say the least. Stefan preached his first sermon at the church to a group of about 12 people. I was sitting in the front row, so I didn't notice it so much until afterwards, but I think it must've been a little weird for Stefan. This one will go down in the books, that's for sure!
Tomorrow there will be a meeting after church where Stefan and I will share our testimonies. So I'm working on preparing for that now. We'll also become members then. I have to say I find the membership process pretty low key compared to that of other churches I know of, but I suppose every church is different. Even though we've been away for 3+ years I still feel so connected to Lanesville and my membership there, but yet not. Boy, I could easily write about 6 paragraphs on this, but I really need to go write out my testimony auf Deutsch so Stefan can correct it tonight! (he's away all day at a school training thing)
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Sermon report
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment