Part of what keeps me busy each week is keeping two kids from killing each other, I mean babysitting. I'm pretty sure that's where I catch all my illnesses from, too. However, the parents are really grateful and every Euro helps right now. We've got it down to just one time-out per afternoon with the 5 year old, and the 3 year old is pretty much potty trained. (although images of me mopping puddles off the floor and then wrestling 3 layers of soggy clothes off a wiggly kid before giving her a shower are not foreign.) I now check in with her every 15 minutes to be safe. Keeping her brother occupied with pre-planned craft projects or board games tends to keep him contained. Structure = sanity.
However yesterday, when big brother happily went off to swim class, the little one and I flew to America about 20 times. Her idea, not mine! Once there we had to hunt for the indian medicine man who had special pills to make the plane fly. Oddly enough, one didn't have to leave the aircraft to find him, he was usually located on a random page in the books that were brought along for the ride. Who knew?
In other news regarding planes and America: My dad is arriving tomorrow! Yay! He'll be with us for 2 days in Marburg and then I'll tag along on part of his business trip. Now if I could only shake this head cold that just set in!!
2 comments:
Do you know about hydrogen peroxide in the ears? Three drops, let it sit in ear 10 minutes or so (lying down), turn over, other ear same thing. Realllllly works. Do it again in a few hours if you still feel it coming. And you have to do it at the start of the cold -- I don't think it works once the cold has blossomed. Have fun with your Dad.
Wow, three years old seems pretty old to be potty training, especially for a girl. Have fun with Dad!
Love, MOM
Post a Comment